June 2013 – Current
Creative Director / Sr. Graphic Designer
USC Credit Union
I currently work for USC Credit Union. I design anything digital and print, create usable web interfaces and websites, and oversee all social media marketing initiatives and production schedules. Here’s some of the work I’ve done.
- Redesigned USCCU’s debit card and 2 credit cards, led the process from design to execution
- Developed/designed annual campaign that raised over $30,000 for a local charity
- Led design, logo rebranding, and launch of new website
- Launched International Student Initiative and designed materials in Chinese and Korean
- Created Social Media initiative resulting in 650% growth and ranked in top 25 California Credit Unions within 4 months
- Collaborated with CEO to develop board and national presentations
- Manage external vendors, handle purchasing, and production schedules of marketing collateral
- Oversee Social Media and Business Development interns
June 2013 – March 2014
Graphic Designer / Web Developer (Freelance)
- Designed weekly ads for 10,000 subscribers in LA and NY
- Daily duties included: managing website and social media, A/B split testing emails, tracking user interaction, copywriting and designing ads, social media optimization
- Work featured in HGTV Magazine, Forbes, USA Today, CNBC, The Huffington Post, Refinery29, Apartment Therapy, Furniture Today, LA Weekly, LA Rag
January 2012 – December 2013
Graphic Designer, Marketing Manager, Event Coordinator
USC Parkside International Apartments
In conjunction with my duties as a Residential Advisor, I began a marketing initiative to solve a growing issue with decreased attendance to programming events. Some strategies included: guerrilla marketing,pop-up galleries and invited relevant guest speakers using various campus connections.
June 2011 – January 2012
Graphic Designer, Marketing Intern
Motorsport Negotiators Inc.
- Conducted market research on clients to improve brand image
- Proposed new company logo and brand identity, the proposal was accepted and integrated across all company collateral
- Work featured in DuPont Registry Magazine from 2011-2012
Art and Design, B.A.
University of Southern California
I studied design and fine arts at USC. Along the way, I picked up a minor in Marketing as well as a minor in Philosophy, Politics, and Law.
Program and Software Skills
Scripting and Programming Skills
CEO / USC Credit Union
He is a great and hardworking guy. I am so proud of the way Myke has transformed our marketing department. Whatever I ask, Myke is always there and turns things around immediately. He is truly an expert in branding and all things marketing!
Marketing Manager / USC Credit Union
Mychal is an exceptional team player and a fun person to work with. His positive energy is contagious and his leadership skills are admirable. He truly leads by example. I would’t be where I am without his support.
CMO / USC Credit Union
It’s been quite the pleasure to have Myke on my team. He’s an impeccable designer, web designer, and marketer and constantly coming up with new initiatives and campaigns to generate additional revenue. He excels both analytically and artistically, and is extremely amicable and easy to work with.